Friday, May 25, 2012

Still shaking my head

Almost a year has past since "the incident"... or incidents... I am not real sure. To be honest I have no idea what really caused the conflict between me and one of my sisters, but the truth is she banned me and my family from her life and her children's life. I do know at one point she was down right rude and mean to my oldest daughter. And as a mother and the oldest sister... I called her out! I also know she doesn't like not getting her way- hmm, well I have learned in life sometimes you don't. When you don't get your way, it stinks, but that is life. It doesn't mean you shut the door on people and God forbid you treat them like the enemy. Speaking of God...
This has been a very big sticking point... my blog... my words! If a person is religious and makes statements and is very big about something, that is great! I am all for it, I welcome it! Be true to your convictions though. You can not tell me about your deep religious beliefs (something I am very familiar with) and then treat people the way you do, act the way you do, and say the things you say. God's forgiveness is far more understanding and seems to be within reason. I lack the understanding sometimes how "God fearing" people select to follow different paths that what God instructs them to do. But I am not a judge, nor is it my place. Thus I continue to not understand and shake my head.
I do know that there are 4 small children that a sweet innocent babies that have no idea what "banned" means. Unlike my oldest daughter and my son who felt it personality. Feelings get hurt, and while I TEACH forgiveness even when it doesn't seem right. I tell my children often people act before they think and that often once they think they don't know how to act...
It's been almost a year... and still I shake my head because being banned just didn't seem a warranted action. But if that is how it is to be... that is very very sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment