Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Communication

Speaking is one of those things I truly believe people take for granted. Feelings get hurt so quickly, often without words ever being spoken. Actions that were intended for one purpose are taken as another, and people run with hard emotions, instead of taking a moment and looking at all the facts. I truly believe that wars start because people do not know how to speak, and think others should do it for them. People who know me know that I say what I am thinking, and I fight my own battles- most of the time. It is VERY rare that I will have Rich speak on my behalf, and even then I am standing next to him so the person is aware that I am "behind" the message. See I have learned that many things gets lost in the game of telephone, we've all played it one time or another, and we all laugh at the last person who blurts out the phrase in the end... burnt sausage sunrise! WHAT! That's not what I said at all!!!! Yep- telephone is dangerous! And so is being upset about anything and never actually talking to the person to find out what really was going on... CONVERSATIONS and true communications can save alot of hurt feelings, relationships and prevent war! I have yet to see a war without casualties... No one is really ever the winner... there really is never a "good" outcome... and sometimes PRIDE is just a little too much... olive branches are all around, but sometimes people rather grab and smash them, and make statements, than actually communicate what they really feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment