Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not so far away- CRAP!

Anyone who knows Rich and I knows that we have two kids that are two years apart, born on the same day. As we move into the high school years, my 8th grader has started really focusing on "what's next". Our 10th grader has started talking about "where next".  It dawned on me on me as I was looking at my school schedule and thinking about the time that has been involved, all of this is not so far away- crap! I am not even close to ready. While everyone jokes about "my" son never leaving me, the schools he lists aren't any where near here. He plans on leaving, he looks forward to it. Our oldest has always had her eyes on schools that are no where near here, and while I am glad they have vision... the reality is, in just a few years, their plans include not being here.
It's just one more feather I guess, as I sit here laughing, to put in my already filled cap. So as I finish sending the rosters for softball, and last reminders for tee shirt orders (and field schedules), then get my school stuff ready for tonight so I can get ready for work, all I can do is think- at some point I will have "restful" years, but as one of my favorite lines from a movie- "Not yet, Not yet"...  I may be busy all the time, but my kids are going to be leaving me and that scares me to death... so now, I have to make the most of my time, enjoy them, and keep them busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment